Followers

Thursday 14 February 2013

A Taste Of Summer

The sun is shining here , but it's very cold , the only taste of Summer is in my card.
I've seen a few cards featuring hexagons and I loved the look of them so I purchased a die namics die cut for hexagons,  it's a 2 part die and the hexagons quite small . Papertrey has a fabulous one but it's a US company that doesn't trade in the UK.
Must say gluing the hexagons in place  (with out a grid ) is a labour of love, fun to me though. It's not perfect but the over veiw is something I'm pleased with.
I saw this gorgeous card  and that was my inspiration for mine.
The papers I used are by raspberry road, the pad was a magazine freebe last Summer. The stamp is from a die namics set and the strawberry a spellbinder die cut. I matted the sentiment on green bazil and cut the edges with my crafters companion clever cut.

 Challenges entered :
charisma cards : anything goes
Lady Anne's : anything goes
world art : anything goes/love

just got back from my new job, not very glamorous, cleaning for an old couple from church. They are lovely people and are finding their rather large house hard to manage but they don't want to move.
I forgot what hard work it is (warms you up no end though ) ,my own is cleaned everyday and is always just so (except the craftroom ) and I had the Church working like clockwork. I think there are a lot of older folk that need help with everyday things but lack the money to pay for it!

14 comments:

Doreen said...

Just beautiful ,great design.xxx

brenda said...

That must've been a labour of love Jane, I remember how fiddly they were wasted in patchwork.

But it has made a beautiful card and very eye-catching.

Should I disappear from blog land you will know I'm on a world cruise because I got the payout like Timmy - I wish !

B x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jane. The hexagons give a wonderful patchwork effect and I love the papers you have matched together.
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jane. I love the hexagonal patchwork effect and fab papers and colours.
Lorraine x

Juls said...

fab! Love the patchwork effect! Hugs Juls

Karen Letchworth said...

This is yummy, sweet and super darling. Thanks so much for sharing this with us in our challenge this week. I'm so grateful to have you share your talents with us.
Have a blessed week and come back soon!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

MagsB said...

My goodness, this must have taken ages - and well worth it, the hexagons look fabulous! Fabulous card!

love Mags B x

Unknown said...

Your very pretty card is like a breath of summer at the end of June in the big strawberry patch. It is really sweet to hear you are helping an older couple remain at home. Many people won't clean houses.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours; we love that you have taken time to share your wonderful work with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

debby4000 said...

Love your beautiful card Jane and well worth the time you must have spent.
I've recently used that die for a couple strips and used Xyron X sticker machine, its a small one and ideal for fiddly bits.
luv
Debby

Shannon White said...

Goodness! So Fresh and Sweet! Love the patchwork hexi's and the great mix of patterned papers too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Jane, your hexagons look perfect to me - a great summery card.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love this! The background is fab!

It's much easier to keep my house neat and clean since the boys left home! I don't feel 'right' when it's not 'just so'. My kids call me a 'neat freak', lol! I'm sure the old couple feel so much better in themselves when their home is clean and tidy - thanks to you! A very worthwhile job, Jane.
xxx

Pia S said...

This card really has a summery feel to it! Fab background and colors, great job!

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Such a happy looking card. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's Challenges