Followers

Saturday 2 March 2013

Mothers Day Poppies


What a lovely day it is here, so sunny with blue skies, rather chilly this morning though, with a frost.
I've not blogged or made a card for a few days, my minds on other things , namely houses, moving , not
moving and home improvements , my Hubby is not on the same wave length as me at the moment so it is not the usual happy house it usually is . It would be nice to move but the cost and upheaval not to mention selling your own house , constant cleaning and unrest is it worth it ? we shall see!.





On to my card , a Mothers Day card for my Mum in law. It features a digi image of poppies by just inklined from the cd rom. I love this image and did it in traditional red here awhile ago. I though I'd colour it blue for a cheerful Mothers Day card. I used promarkers and yellow stickles in the center.



I've decorated inside for an extra special look. The paper is blank canvas by first edition and the die cuts were in my order from Tracy at Dies to die for. The sentiment inside is from pink petticoat.
 A ribbon tied as a flat knot, a sizzix corner die cut and a few gems complete the card.

challenges entered:

Allsorts : for a lady
Inky chicks : Mothers Day
The cutie pie challenge : pretty pastels
craft card maker : blooming images
fab n funky : pastel colours
Floral Fantasies : special celebration ( something related to Brenda's blog , I know she loves poppies )


Enjoy your day , hope you have sun shine like here. Going to look at show houses after.
janex





19 comments:

brenda said...

A beautiful card for yuor MIL Jane, I am sure she will really appreciate it.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

No blue skies here today (: (:

B x

brenda said...

I tell you Jane, some day's I just don't fire on all cylinders.

I read your post and then totally forgot to say how nice of you to join in my blog celebration.

And you are of course quite right that I love poppies and blue ones also work nicely for me as we have some that colour in the garden.

B x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jane. I love the image and the colours and details are so beautiful.

Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jane. I love the poppies and these look beautiful.
have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Juls said...

This is gorgeous!! Love blue poppies ever since I visited buchart gardens, stylish & elegant card. Hugs Juls

Cards By MI said...

A very lovely looking card. It's stunning. Thanks for joining us over at CCM this blooming challenge.
Love n hugs
marie

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Jane - beautiful image.
Thanks for playing with the Cutie Pies this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

pinky said...

Its beautiful Jane, very fresh feel to it which I love. Yes coming along rightly, infection cleared up at last.

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Jane! Absolutely gorgeous image that looks so beautiful in the colours you've used.

To move or not to move .... don't envy you that dilemma!
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely beautiful card Jane the image as well as the colours and design are just perfection.
hugs
lorraine x

Rebecca Hoy said...

Beautiful colouring, thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers. Rebecca x

Beryl said...

A beaufiful card Jane. I love blue poppies. We had the right soil for them in Wales and it was a joy to see them each year - even though the plant I had raised from seed only ever managed a few flowers and didn't last that many years either.
House moving is very stressful. Good luck if you decide to go through with it.
Beryl xx

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Jane, the inside is just as pretty! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck! Sharon x

MagsB said...

Another beautiful card! Wow, your colouring is good!

Wishing you all the best about moving or home improving, it's a tough decision to make.

love Mags B x

cotnob said...

This is really pretty Jane, I love the poppies in the blue.
I know what you mean about moving, we stayed put and extended in the end - much better value for money.
Pauline
x

Judith said...

This is so gorgeous Jane - I love this image and beautiful colours - thank you so much for playing at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful card Jane, just love the blue and yellow. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our For a Lady challenge this week x

Barbara said...

What a beautiful card! It seems like the weather on that day inspired you!

Shannon White said...

Pretty Pretty Pretty Jane! Love the Lovely poppies and Cheery springy color scheme too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon