Followers

Thursday 29 May 2014

pop up box card "21st Birthday "

I'm really into making pop up boxes , I've made several , some cut on my Silhouette Cameo  machine , like this one and other cut and scored by hand . They are very simple but give a fab 3d look that folds flat into an envelope.
The lady I work for asked if I could make a card for her neighbors son who is 21 next month , he is in the army but doesn't drink or have any hobbies , so I went for a star birthday box.
The basics are a silhouette America file. The star die is from Joanna Sheen . The papers are first edition , a selection of gold peel offs and gold stars complete the look. Hope they like it!



challenges entered :
Rubies rainbow : one for the boys 
word art Wednesday : anything goes  
Rhedd & Rosies : no flowers none floral

don't know about you but I'm fed up of this rain , definitely crafting weather.
janex



14 comments:

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous box card Jane, perfect papers for a male card and you can't go wrong with stars.
Pauline
x

Zoe said...

What a great pop-up box card, thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Sue said...

I am sure they will like it Jane, it looks fabulous! I love the papers and brilliant detailing.
Sue xx

Pia S said...

This card has such a fabulous party feel to it, just perfect for someone who's turning 21. This design works both for a man or a woman, I like that about a card. Love the flourish with stars!

Juls said...

this is just fabulous!!! I keep telling myself I need to make one of these, but I have not got round to it yet, thank you for your inspiration.

Hugs Juls

downrightcrafty said...

wow love your card in a box, aren't they such fun to make and real show stoppers too
hugs Kate x

Helen said...

Great card, just perfect for our 'One for the boys' challenge at Ruby's Rainbow. Thanks for sharing. I really must have a go at one of these.

Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

Unknown said...

Visions of the 21st birthday celebration in 3D. Thank you so much for taking time to post this absolutely wonderful work of art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole

coldwaters2 said...

This is brilliant Jane these pop up boxes really do look fantastic superb work.
hugs
lorraine x

Cazro said...

Fabulous card for a 21st, wonderful embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow. Caz

Karen Letchworth said...

AMAZING, and just SO fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Great Box! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Mandy Chilvers said...

these pop up cards are so impressive. gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Rhedd & Rosie :-)

Pami said...

Wow this is fabulous! I really need to try one of these boxes! Thank you for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week, hope you can join us again soon! Pami x