Followers

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Make A Wish!




Do you remember telling the time with dandelions when you where a kid , if I see them in the garden in their yellow form they are quickly dugout as the seeds soon spread, they look kind of magical when in seed , in mass blowing in a field.
This Mo Manning image "make a wish " really appealed to me , she is a cutie but her red canvas vans style  boots give her a great modern twist. Mo really knows how to capture children.
I coloured with pro and flex markers to match the papers. The papers are Family Ties by first edition , I've inked the edges in chalk ink. The heart ribbon is docraft and the sentiment a great impressions stamp. I used a nestie circle die to cut out the center and a round woodware punch for the sentiment.







challenges entered : 
sketch n stash : followed the sketch bellow 


creative card crew : punches/dies
The hobby house : anything goes


 



The above pics of my garden taken through the bathroom window , the clematis is always a welcome sight.
Well I wished for sun and my wish came true , Bob is in the garden painting pine furniture , we are giving it a distressed shabby chic look. I'll post some pics when it's finished.
Enjoy your day and a big thanks for the kind comments regarding our friends death , my thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Happy crafting. janex

17 comments:

Juls said...

this is just adorable!!! and your garden looks stunning!! Hugs Juls

brenda said...

I have a little secret Jane, I still pick them up and blow the time, it's sort or a natural reaction every time I see one.

Your garden is looking lovely, I think the late spring suits the clematis as our Montana is also a mass of blooms.

And a lovely sunny card to go with the weather.

B x

Doreen said...

Love this...great image and colours.xxx

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous thank you for sharing it with us and joining us for the Hobby House first challenge
Hugs Kate xx

cotnob said...

This is a pretty card Jane, fabulous image.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

This is a lovely image and it definitely brings back some childhood memories. I also remember how I wasn't allowed to pick dandelions when I had nice clothes on. My favorite thing about them was that we made strips of the stem and put them in water to see how they curled up into beautiful swirls. Your card is a beautiful version of the sketch!

Unknown said...

Wow - love this stamp in yellow tones! :)
Have a nice day!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jane. My garden was covered with these and Emma picked them all and blew the seeds everywhere....don't think I'll be able to see the grass for dandelions soon!
Your garden looks stunning.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Awwww I love that image and it brings back wonderful memories to me too.
Your colouring is fabulous and I love the sunny colours.
Your garden looks so beautiful, I bet smells lovely at this time of year too.

Thank you, also, for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge this week
Sue xx

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness she's such a Cutie Jane!! LOVE her fun red sneakers!! too SWEET! 8-) And Goodness your Garden is sooo Gorgeous!! Wow!! would love to sit a while there and just watch the world go by!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Beryl said...

A gorgeous card Jane - really sweet image and matched beautifully to the papers.
Your garden looks fantastic.Hope to take time to just 'enjoy' it.
Beryl xx

Anja said...

This is a wonderful and sunny card, Jane! Just perfect for our summer challenge over at Mo's Digital Pencil. Love the soft yellow together with the pinks.
Thank you so much for joining us this week again!

Hugs, Anja

pinky said...

Oh you know how jealous I am of your beautiful garden. I think I need to hire you to come over and sort mine out!! Your little card is just the sweetest, and yes I remember those well and like Brenda still have the odd blow lol. Will email you later when I get 5 mins peace lol.

Mei said...

Your colouring skills are so impressive! Love your card! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew

Mei
CCC DT
Love to Create DT
Crazy Challenge DT
Anyone for Anya DT

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Jane another lovely image and wonderful papers/colours, your garden is awesome.
hugs
lorraine x

Jenn Bedient said...

Adorable card! Love your image and design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

- Jenn DT

~@ngie~ said...

lol I remember doing that... still do now & again for the kids hehehee
a gorgeous card & such a sweet image... love the DP's too :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

hugz Angie xXx