Followers

Saturday 1 June 2013

Poppy Fields ,red and green.

First of June and the sun is shinning, there is a bit of a cold wind blowing so that takes the edge of the enjoyment.
We heard very sad news today of a friend who has died young , in this 40's . He was a lovely family man and never complained , he had cancer and it spread to his brain. I have just spoke for about an hour to his sister and my son Sam who is good friends with their son went to the house with flowers.
I had a couple coming to view the house , I cried as I cleaned the house ready for inspection. They where a lovely young couple and I hope they buy it.
My card features an often used stamp "poppy fields " by Penny Black, one of my favourites.
I coloured the image in traditional colours of red and green with pro markers and added some stickles to the butterflies and poppy centers.
The red gingham paper is craft creation and the green spot paper is by do craft. The sentiment is from a lili of the valley pad. The shaped card is craftwork cards and I've inked in red chalk ink.



Challenges entered : 

the sweet stop : followed the sketch above


enjoy the rest of the weekend. janex



11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what sad news .. so young .. thinking of everyone..
Beautiful card ..love the little image
Lisa x

Lorraine said...

Oh dear, that is sad news. It's hard when people are so young.

Your card is gorgeous. I love the cute little hedgie.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Jane, sometime life seems so cruel.

Your card is so beautiful. I love the cute image, fabulous colouring and gorgeous papers.

Good luck with the sale of your house.
Sue xx

Juls said...

Sad news, so nice u Cld be there yo comfort your friend.

Your card is lovely, love the combo of the polka dots & gingham! Hugs Juls

Beryl said...

A gorgeous card Jane - sweet image and lovely design.
I hope that young couple buy your house. It's a very tense time. My daughter moved on Friday - it's the first time she'd gone through this process and I don't think she ever wants to again.
Sorry to hear about your friend. It's such a blow when you lose someone your own age.
Beryl xx

pinky said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Jane and so shocking that he was so young. I love your beautiful card, very pretty papers too. Hope the couple loved your house.

cotnob said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Jane, it's always a shock especially when it is someone so young.
Your card is lovely, such an adorable image.
Pauline
x

Shannon White said...

Such Sad news Jane, sending hugs & prayers to you all..

Your Card is just Darling! You know I am a softy for Penny Black Hedgies, lol So you know I am loving this little sweetie for sure!

Hugs
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

I am sorry to hear about your sad news.
What a sweet card Jane. Love the darling image and the colors. The circle greeting looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Stephanie said...

This is so adorable. I love PB stamps. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.