Followers

Thursday 6 June 2013

Strawberry Girl

Nothing says summer like strawberries , especially freshly picked from the garden , mine are nowhere near ready to eat but they are in flower.
This image from mo manning called "strawberry girl " is adorable , I coloured with my pro and flex markers using a scalloped oval punch to give a cloudy sky effect.
The papers are strawberry hill digi's from Raspberry road. I've machine stitched the edges , added mesh from my local craft shop , a ribbon free gift with a card mag and a pink strawberry button from a buttons gallor set.
We have finished the bedroom and done a shabby chic effect of the old pine bedside tables. I have took a few pics if you fancy a nose.
The weather has been nice this week, we walked along the river in Chester yesterday , gaping at the beautiful houses lining the Dee and watching the rowers. Nice glass of real ale in the Boat House pub, we sat in seats in a kind of beach hut, very cute .
We are leaving shortly for Llangoland , in North Wales , gorgeous place with a great craft shop.

challenges entered :
paper take weekly : anything goes
allsorts : here comes the girls
mo's digital pencil : children
I love promarkers : all stitched up

enjoy your day. janex

14 comments:

brenda said...

Stunning Jane and wonderful stitching.

Thanks for getting girly with us at Allsorts challenge and have a good day out.

B x

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card Jane, such a sweet image and your papers are perfect.
Pauline
x

Doreen said...

Beautiful....gorgeous image and colours.xxx

Pia S said...

This is really sweet and summery! The strawberry shaped button and patterned paper really work well with this image! I like the stitched frame too!

Pat said...

Oh Jane...this is too sweet! I had strawberries this morning...Summer must be here! hehe! Gorgeous coloring...and your papers and ribbon are the perfect complement to your beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's "Children" challenge! Hugs. Pat Frank

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jane. The image is adorable and I love the papers and fab stitching.
This would be perfect for our challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers too!
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Jane this is absolutely beautiful, what a stunning image and such gorgeous colours and design, amazing card.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

Ooooo I love strawberries, just been enjoying some, not home grown though.
Your card is gorgeous, the image is adorable and your colouring is so beautiful
Sue xx

Beryl said...

A gorgeous card Jane, such a sweet image and pretty papers.
hope you enjoyed Llangollen.
Beryl xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful image fabulous layout and stitching. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

pinky said...

Oh yes please to the pics. Need to do my son's bedroom (he has just left home to work in England) and its desperate lol. Love your gorgeous card Jane, the stitching is so perfect.

MagsB said...

Oh my, this is so pretty! I love your delicate colouring on the gorgeous image, and the strawberry embellishment is delicious!! I hope you're having a great time in Wales with lots of sunshine!

love Mags B x

WeirdCat said...

So cute, love the stitching, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week,
Ruth x

Juls said...

So very beautiful!!! Hugs Juls