Followers

Sunday 9 March 2014

Spring box card

When is a box not a box ....when it's a card .....
I think this is a great idea , 3d paper crafting but it folds totally flat and fits into an envelope. My box card is a Silhouette America cutting file , I cut on my cameo machine , but there are some tutorials on the web to do by hand. I've used up lots of differnt papers , the blue stripe is by craft creation (been in the draw for years ), the pink is first edition bird song (another old pad ) and the embellishments bazil and craft paper.
I'm going to make quite a few Easter box cards , some for family and one for our mantelpiece. I think they are so cute and a bit different , easy on the postal costs too .

challenges entered :
create with love : think Spring
4 crafty chicks :shaped card
oldie but a goodie : Spring has sprung


well the sun has got his hat on here, we were promised a nice day yesterday ,but it's waited til today!

happy crafting . janex

12 comments:

Sue said...

I love this style of card Jane, I have it on my list of things to make soon. Your design is fabulous and I love the colours.
Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous box card Jane, I love your cute bunny in the basket and lovely spring colours.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card Jane - I love the design and colours.
Lorraine x

Blossom Cards said...

lovely pop up box card thanks for sharing with CWL Rachel

Jules said...

Very clever Jane!

Love it!

I hope you had a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Tamie said...

Fabulous box and wonderful shapes you used inside it. Love the colors and your layout. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Shape Challenge.

Tamie DT

Beryl said...

Oh that's brilliant Jane. Got to confess I didn't quite 'get it' when you were talking about it the other day. Such a clever design and such a nice surprie for the person getting it.
Beryl xx

Pia S said...

This is a lovely box and card design! Beautiful 3D project!

Andy said...

Great idea Jane,super box !

downrightcrafty said...

how fabulous I have seen a lot of these recently and you have so inspired me to have a go with your gorgeous colours and Spring feel
hugs Kate xx

Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome card! It is so creative! I love the springy colors. Thanks so much for playing with the 4CC!

Josie said...

Wow, this box is stunning. You have clearly lavished so much love and care on it. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work.