Followers

Monday 20 July 2020

Poppy Poem and a trip down memory lane

I've been looking back on my blog , back to 2013 , bit sad seeing the lovely poodles that are no longer here , but I notice card making has changed a lot . For me it's dies dies and more dies , but I will always love stamping and still favour alcohol markers to colour with ....I have hundreds .
I used to love penny black stamps, the ones on wooden blocks , that cost a fortune and took up so much room. I still have  quite a few left and the one I used today is one of them.
Over the past couple of years I got into "groovi " and parchment craft .....ooh dear ...so much stuff ...so little space ...
This card, is like the cards I used to make , in fact I could make them like this standing on my head , but I think it's pretty and  has a nice simplicity . The wooden stamp is by Penny Black and called "poppy poem" , coloured with promakers . The stripy background is a hobby arts stamp , I took the wood block off  ( the stripy stamp ) and used my stamp press , several times with a blue memento ink,so much better results  than with a wooden block . I matted and layered and added a flat bow and 3 gems.
The reason I make cutie cards , lots of work and colouring in , because they are so much fun but sometimes a change does us good.

challenges entered :

allsorts : flowers all over
Penny Black and more : in the garden

bit of a long post , and probably will not be read by many , but it's here anyway .
Happy Crafting . Jane x

6 comments:

cotnob said...

A pretty card Jane, a lovely stamp. I never was much of a stamper, I do have lots of stamps though - I always think I will use them but rarely do! I love to play with paper, I'm really into Graphic 45 and Stamperia at the moment - the only trouble is I have to buy a new paper pad to replace the one I am using and that's not always possible with Graphic 45.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous colouring, lovely blue! Beautiful floral card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts
and over at Penny Black and more;-))m

Ellibelle said...

So nicely done! Beautiful design and pretty colors! Thank you so much for joining in our "Flowers All Over" theme at Allsort challenge as well as "In the Garden" at Penny Black and More!

Kathleen said...

A really lovely image and papers, great shades of blue and layout. Thank you for joining our 'Flowers all over' challenge at Alllsorts and our 'In the garden' challenge at Penny Black and More.

Kath x

brenda said...

OH dear yes Jane, it's the same on my blog and my lovely Buffy is no longer with us, but I do have the other girls for which I am grateful.

A pretty floral creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'In the Garden' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x