Followers

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Bridge Card and Sunny Smiles

This one is a new one to me , a "bridge card" , I watched this video and took inspiration from the wonderful Jennifer McGuire Ink .
I bought a paper trimmer and scorer, from Hobby Craft (half price £7) I usually use a craft knife for cutting , this works well for cutting ,measuring and scoring and at that price not much to lose.
I cut it like the video to fit  small A2 envelope . The stamp and die sets are both MFT , Town Bear and puppy kisses . Lawn fawn stitched hill die and Hi There speach bubble.. Coloured with pro and brush markers.
This card stands up well but folds flat for posting.

challenges entered:
crafty cardmakers : lots of layers 
shopping our stash : pile it on
I've tried to keep as minimal as possible ,for me anyway , as I wanted this for a male card . The background stamps  , flowers , sentiment and toucan are from a MFT set called Polynesia Paradise  . The circle die is a di namics , the beach scene is a die from Hello Bluebird called Ocean Scene. I've coloured with promarkers and add nuvo drops to flower centers and the birds eye.
2nd card
Dies R Us : baby it's hot outside (hot colours )
make my Monday : on the beach 


The sun is in and out here today , not quite beach weather but ok for drying the washing.
happy crafting Jane x


9 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday Challenge.
Cindy

Darlene said...

Both cards are just fabulous but really love the sunny smiles creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Donna said...

Fab cards!
That first fancy folded one....WOW!!!!
And I love the sunny bright yellow of the second!
AND....I appreciate the peaky blinders pics on your sidebar...hubba hubba!
Thanks for pilin' it on with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Jane, I love the little village scene you have created on your bridge card and the lovely beach scene on the second one.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Judy McKay said...

Love your layered card. The houses are so cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

pinky said...

Crikey woman you are on a roll. I hate that I have missed this many posts of yours!! Two excellent cards!

Sue Jackson/Just Peachy Stamping said...

These cards are adorable! The toucan certainly looks like he is enjoying his beach scene. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge!

Josephine said...

Beautiful cards.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Maikreations said...

Super cute card, love the format and your cute dogs! Thank you for joining our "Lots of Layers" at the Crafty Cardmakers. Have a wonderful Sunday and happy crafting, Maike ;o)